I took this post from my second blog – http://www.ennewrites.com which I published in 2016. Even though it’s been a while, the tips still holds true today.
I have an oily face so I am very acne prone and I have become even more acne prone since I turned forty barely two years ago. When I use products with too much oil, I break out and so also do I break out when I use products with too little oil. So I have learnt to create a balance for my skin.
When you want to treat acne, it’s really important that you use products that detoxify the skin and facial steaming is a good way to detoxify the skin of toxins causing your skin to break out.
There are a few easy steps to a clearer, acne free skin and these are:
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation helps to rid the skin of dead skin cells that block the skin and cause acne to occur.
- Detoxification through steaming: Steaming helps to release toxins stored under the skin as such it is a good step to relieving your skin of acne.
- Mask: Masking not only firm up your skin as well as close open pores that are susceptible to acne, but certain masks especially organic masks go as far as rejuvenating the skin, as such, helping to improve the skin’s ability to heal.
- Moisturizing: You will need a good oil balancing moisturizer for the oily skin because no oil at all can also cause your skin to break out. Oil is not totally bad for the skin as it keeps our skin lubricated, which keeps wrinkles and fine lines at bay so trying to completely get rid of oil is bad for your skin. Certain ingredients in moisturizers like hemp seed oil or grape seed oil help to balance the oil in the skin.
INGREDIENTS FOR DETOXIFYING STEAM
- A bowl of boiling water
- 3-4 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil
- choose to add either a few leaves of fresh rosemary or a few slices of grapefruit
Once you have all these combined in a bowl, lean over the bowl, cover your head with a towel and steam your face for five to fifteen minutes.
By doing this weekly, you can be sure to benefit from the healing properties of both grapefruit and rosemary. While grapefruit is a skin clarifying agent with a good amount of vitamin C that clears and brightens the skin, rosemary is a good astringent for the skin.
Please give this a try and tell me how your skin felt. I am happy to hear from you.
Acne products to try
We stock natural acne products made from plant extracts that treat acne. Shop online HERE
Take care of your skin! Cheers!