Essential oils are plant concentrates that are anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-septic, anti-bacteria and mood uplifting. They are very beneficial to our skin and our health in general. The commonest uses of essential oils are:
- For aromatherapy: essential oils have tremendous effects on our moods and help to elevate moods and to combat anxiety, stress and depression. To benefit, add a few drops to oil burners, diffusers and even hot water to inhale its aroma.
- For massages: By combining essential oils with carrier oils for different massages, they help relief stress, pain and aches.
- For foot soak: Stressed out from the hustle and bustle of life, then soak your feet in warm water and add a few drops of essential oils and Dead Sea salt.
- For herbal teas: Not all essential oils are edible but some like peppermint oil is. Peppermint oil relives aches, pain, stress, cold and flu symptoms so add a drop or 2 to hot or warm water and sip. By inhaling the aroma while drinking, you benefit both ways as it opens one’s nasal passage.
- For face steaming: Remove dead cells by steaming your face over hot water by adding a few drops of lavender oil, orange oil or any essential oil of your choice and steaming for 15-20 minutes.