Water is essential for the body to absorb oils into our skin because water locks in moisture and traps the oil thereby making it impossible for the oil to escape from the skin. And this act alone translates to better hydration and moisturizing of the skin. This is why we advise that you do the following to get the best out of your oils:
1. Apply oils on damp skin and allow your skin to dry naturally without toweling dry.
2. Add a few drops of oil to your bath water at the rinsing stage and allow your skin to dry naturally.
3. If your skin is already dry, add a little water to your palm and add a few drops of oil and apply on your skin.
4. Make an oil and water mist spray and spray on your skin when needed and allow to dry naturally.
5. Add oil to water-based lotions and apply to the skin.
VITAL INFO: Oils are vital for cell regeneration, healing, collagen production and skin health which is why oils are fantastic anti-aging agents and responsible for your skin’s suppleness. Oils are not bad unless they are heat-presses which means what you are putting on your skin is cholesterol-filled oil so always use cold-pressed oils. Combining oils with water won’t cause your skin to be greasy at all or cause you to sweat if you live in tropical regions. And bear this in mind: some oils are heavier and greasier than others so always ask an expert before you mix oils.