Are you acne prone or do you have an oily skin? The first step to helping to relief acne and to manage an oily skin is creating a beauty regime that not only balances the skin but help to combat acne and retain a beautiful, clear skin.
There are a few easy steps to a clearer, acne free skin and these are:
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation helps to rid the skin of dead skin cells that block the skin and cause acne to occur.
- Detoxification through steaming: Steaming helps to release toxins stored under the skin as such it is a good step to relieving your skin of acne.
- Mask: Masking not only firm up your skin as well as close open pores that are susceptible to acne, but certain masks especially organic masks go as far as rejuvenating the skin, as such, helping to improve the skin’s ability to heal.
- Moisturizing: You will need a good oil balancing moisturizer for the oily skin because no oil at all can also cause your skin to break out. Oil is not totally bad for the skin as it keeps our skin lubricated, which keeps wrinkles and fine lines at bay so trying to completely get rid of oil is bad for your skin. Certain ingredients in moisturizers like hemp seed oil helps to balance the oil in the skin.
My post today is focusing on how detoxifying steam can help relief your skin of acne and the ingredients that you need are easy to find.
INGREDIENTS FOR DETOXIFYING STEAM
- A bowl of boiling water
- 3-4 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil
- choose to add either a few leaves of fresh rosemary or a few slices of grapefruit
Once you have all these combined in a bowl, lean over the bowl, cover your head with a towel and steam your face for five to fifteen minutes.
By doing this weekly, you can be sure to benefit from the healing properties of both grapefruit and rosemary. While grapefruit is a skin clarifying agent with a good amount of vitamin C that clears and brightens the skin, rosemary is a good astringent for the skin.
Please give this a try and tell me how your skin felt. I am happy to hear from you.